Tax Rebate Incentive
Tax Rebate Incentive (2014-2018)
Neighborhood Revitalization Plan (NRP) - Tax Rebate Incentive
During the 1994 legislative session, lawmakers passed Senate Bill 732, which provides tax rebates for new construction and for the rehabilitation of existing structures. The City of WaKeeney, City of Collyer, Trego County, and School District USD208 entered into an Interlocal Agreement the end of 2013 in order to create a tax rebate program. This plan is intended to promote the revitalization and development of the county of Trego by stimulating new construction and rehabilitation, conservation, or development of the area in order to protect the public health, safety or welfare of the residents of the county by offering certain incentives which includes tax rebates.
How the Neighborhood Revitalization Plan (NRP) Benefits our Community
- It will encourage new housing, commercial and industrial development within the county and encourage expansion and remodeling.
- It does not interfere with current property tax revenues.
- The program will create new long term tax revenue without creating a fiscal budget burden for the cities and county.
- It will create jobs because historically jobs follow development.
- It will strengthen the long term fiscal capacity of our cities and county governments to grown and serve our area.
- The benefits of this program will apply to individual homeowners as well as businesses.