County Commissioners Responsibilities
The county commissioners are responsible for:
- Approving and managing budget
- Set County policy
- Set tax levy's
- Making citizen appointments to County boards
- Commissioner District #1 consists of Glencoe Township, Ogallah Township, Riverside Township, WaKeeney City East Precinct and Wilcox Township. Calvin J. Pfannenstiel, Jr. is currently serving his 1st term.
- Commissioner District #2 consists of Franklin Township, WaKeeney Township and WaKeeney City Central Precinct. Wesley Hobbs is currently serving his 2nd term. His term expires January 2021.
- Commissioner District #3 consists of Collyer City Precinct, Collyer Township, and WaKeeney City West Precinct. Jared Hager is currently serving his 1st term. His term expires January 2021.