Established Residents

You should license any vehicle within 60 days of purchase, which is the assigned date on the certificate of origin/title, to avoid possible penalties. While waiting to get your license plate, you must display on your vehicle the 60-day permit that you have obtained from a Kansas motor vehicle dealer or from the Trego County Treasurer's office.

After you license your car for the first time in Trego County, you are responsible for the annual renewals prior to expiration. If you do not receive the courtesy renewal notice from the Kansas Department of Revenue by the 5th of your expiration month, contact the Trego County Treasurer's office for assistance. The renewal month is determined by the first letter of an individual's last name or the first letter of a company's name. For more information on this process, see Renewing your Tags.